Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sometimes I tweet links to very technical, difficult material. Why?

Long ago I played tournament chess. Conventional wisdom was that one of the fastest ways to improve was to play against the toughest possible opponents, which meant playing in the top or Open Sections of tournaments. My direct personal experience strongly confirmed that.

Though I wonder if I should preface my tweets of such difficult material with "technical", or "wonkish", or some such warning for those who are more casually skimming the internet.

 I don't claim to always understand all or even most of the material (though sometimes I do). But nearly always I find that after having read the material (sometimes while checking out the relevant wikipedia entries) my understanding is at least a little greater than it was before.

No comments:

Post a Comment